Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Somebody’s got a case of the Wednesdays


So, I know you know this scene.

You know this one... from Office Space? Where the three of them are busting up that printer-thing? Kicking it... hitting it... smashing it...pouring out their rage, frustration and anger on it.

If you're like me- you've watched it a million times (more than likely on TBS) and even though now dated... it's a classic and will never get old...sorta like "Christmas Vacation .... but just in case you live in a bubble and have no idea what I speak of (uhh.. hm.. Ann Grimes) - I went ahead and embedded the link. Oh and note: PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED

Annnnnnnnnddddddddd.........that pretty much sums it up.

That scene has played over and over and over in my head since inserting Saul's stupid CGM this past Sunday morning.

I even went so far as to say in front of Harper last night in a moment of insanity (and in a hicky- redneck accent nonetheless) "I'm gonna bust that thing up."

I hate it. I HATE it. I haaaaaattttttteeeeeee it. I hate it for sooooo many reasons.

1. It sucks.

2. It doesn't work.

3. Inserting a stupid giant-darning needle 2 inches from the belly button of a screaming toddler is ridiculous.... especially when it doesn't work... and always always bleeds... no matter how many times I follow the 45 degree angle "then tilt just a little cause he's so tiny maneuver".

4. It sucks.

5. The amount of tegaderm and now drape dressing it takes to keep that sucka where it needs to be is even more ridiculous than the process of inserting it.

6. It doesn't work.

7. It makes my kid wear overalls 24-7 (okay... maybe this isn't so bad...he's pretty adorable in them).

8. It sucks.

9. The incessant beeeeeeping... the beeping... dear God the beeping.... the never... ever.... ever... ending... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping... through the day.... through the night.... it never. ever. ever. stops.

10. It doesn't work... oh... and it sucks.

I keep telling myself to stick with it. I try tweaking ranges. I try changing sites. I try adjusting my attitude. And folks... I'm a pretty patient person. I can handle quite a bit of non-sense... I'm not lying... this thing would put most of you over the edge and out in your yards pulling an Office Space scene.

I know eventually when the artificial pancreas is approved by the FDA and the closed loop system is out there on the market that we'll have to deal with CGM (and lord knows probably more)... but some days.... and some nights... that stupid little "monner" (as Solly says) brings me to do ridiculous things.... like... I don't know... wake up around 5 a.m. dig around the night stand for earplugs... stick them in so I don't have to hear the monotonous beep then fall into a deep glorious sleep... only to randomly wake up and realize... then recognize "that" beep... "low predicted"

Jumped outta bed this morning at 5 to find Saul awake... laying in his crib with a BG of 50.

After he came out of his low... and was laying there... he said "Mom..... pump go ehhheehhhheehhhheeehh" (his version of the beep beep beep beep). I said Saul... I'm sorry dude... is it making you crazy? Are you gonna pull your own Office Space scene in the middle of the night? Rip off those rompers and hulk-smash your tummy?

He just stared at me... craacked up laughing... then rolled over on his side and went to sleep.

ahhh... kids... they're so funny.

Solly proudly showing off his "monner"

No comments:

Post a Comment