Monday, August 27, 2012

Saul manages to score two awesome weekends in a row!


Last weekend was the dinosaur exhibit at the zoo.

This weekend was Touch-A-Truck at Keenland.

Can we even top the upcoming Labor Day weekend?

This was our first year at Touch-A-Truck and I gotta say... it was pretty awesome. I had read something somewhere about it online and then in the St. Agatha school newsletter they had a flyer for it. I told Sebulsky Thursday... just go ahead and pencil all day Sunday at Keenland...lol.

Cranes, Fire trucks, Hot Air Balloon, Race Cars, Mac Trucks, Helicopter... and so many more vehicles that I won't bother to bore you by listing. Free stuff GALORE... matchbox cars, hard hats, face-paintings, hair-paintings, tattoos, stickers, Hawaiian ice, bottled water.... okay... you get the picture... oh yeah and an inflatable bounce house thingy... which we had to bribe both kids to leave.

Despite blasting 90 degree weather and Saul running a BG of 495 after coming outta a low in the 50s (because he ate lunch an hour later than usual)... both kids had an absolute blast. Saul's favorites included the "crane" (which I begged him to get on but he refused) and sitting at the Explorium display with all the cars and trucks playing with other kids. Harper loved getting her face painted (she had waited patiently for what seemed like 5 hours) to get painted and when completed she agreed it was worth every bit of the wait. Sebulsky and I weren't really paying much attention as the lady was working on her.. but Harper told us as we were walking away that she said to her "you are my favorite "patient" (as Harper put it) of the day. You are so good and quiet and you hold still so well." She was pretty proud of herself for the compliment... telling us at least twice. After face-painting I encouraged (against Sebulsky's groans) to go have her hair painted pink.... which of course she did. I mean... come on... at this point a bath is inevitable.... might as well go all out.

I posted pics on instagram of Solly carrying around this baby doll. While he often takes interest in Harpers babies (and generally better care of them than her) yesterday he was in serious "daddy-babysitting-baby doll carrying" mode. The irony is... almost every other moment of his life (including naps and nighttime) you can find him carrying cars-trucks-and dinosaurs... and here we are at the ultimate car-truck event and he's dragging along this baby. In any case... he was down right sweet and adorable. He is the most loving child I have ever encountered... and I'm not just saying that cause he's mine... cause lord knows... when it comes to my kids I'll tell it like it is.

If you check out the pics take notice of how many shots "baby" is in... most of the time with Saul... but I found myself carrying the stupid thing around as well. At one point I had her strapped in the stroller. A little boy kept staring (as did countless other folks... no doubt questioning my sanity). He came over and said... can I talk to your baby? I looked at him and said "sure... you know it's a baby doll." He stared at me with a puzzled look on his face then finally said "huh?" and walked away. lol.

I just realized this post is the ultimate "Grimes-Ramble" so I will cut to the chase and give you a link to all the pics from this weekend. Sebulsky got some really good ones so be sure to check them out- oh and you'll also see some other shenanighans in there I'm sure.

www.flickr.com/photos/jefseb







No comments:

Post a Comment