Friday, March 9, 2012

Pictures! (Just a little Friday "happy")

Lot's has been happening around these parts... so many stories to post... yet so little time. Saul had an "excellent" apt this Wednesday with Dr. Irene who has given us "the go ahead" for an insulin pump. Jeff & I will start the training next week. As the kids nap I've been researching. I'm nervous... excited... and anxious. It will be several intense weeks of learning and adjusting but I'm (we're) ready for the next challenge in this journey.

In case my work friends are wondering... (that is... if they still even remember me... Courtney Grimes?? former librarian???) I've been spending most days pretty much like this....


and occasionally this.... (yeah be jealous of my sweet blue sweats)


But hey... I know I know... ya'll don't want to see pics of me... so I'll give you what you want. 



Little Buddy with that dag on pacifier... This is right before a low... so he's not looking his best... but notice his nicely cut hair... compliments of "Mama Grimes Hair Salon"



We've been investigating.......



and doing a little gardening....



Enjoying afternoon picnic lunches...



"This is the life!"






Ooooorrrrrr.... so it might seem. It's not all rosy... nights are back to being rough... Yesterday was marked with all-day "high's" which meant lotsa BG & ketone checks... 6:30 last night I opened a pack of syringes to give his dinner bolus and "CRAP!!! THEY GAVE ME WRONG NEEEEDDDLLLEESS!" Every time Solly leaves the house he drops... last night we hit a low of 43 (this was after freak out trip to Rite Aide for new RX). But... let's focus on the "good stuff" the "memory makers" the moments that are supposed to last a life time I've captured in my mind.













1 comment:

  1. It's really important to remember the good things. My brother was diagnosed when he was one, two months before I was born. My ma always talks about how difficult it is to give equally to both children when one is diabetic. She is constantly apologizing to me, but I can tell you that my brother and I have a very special relationship that I wouldn't trade for anything.

    ReplyDelete