Tuesday, June 26, 2012

D in all its forms continued at the Grimes-Sebulsky house.

So. I guess I’m starting to get just a wee bit worried about Harper… cause things haven’t really changed since my last post… unless you count the transformation of her already tiny-thin body into a gaunt, bony ... eerily “Africanish” child (minus the skin tone and protruding belly) Holocaust looking survivor.
She has been sick since Friday night -and has maybe eaten- a total of 1 egg, 2 cheerios,  and a ¼ of an English muffin since then. She just looks plain sickly. Luckily… aside from a few “waves” of whininess  she’s back to playing and of course TALKING non-stop.
I want all of you out there in Internet land to remember this post and remind her (when she's between the ages of 13-22) that once upon a time... long, long ago... I was in the running for MOTY…
and that I….. despite my strong desire TO... NOT… GET… UP…. AND… DO… IT…. made her a pizza yesterday from scratch because...  when I pleaded with her “please… please… please…. EAT” she said “Okay Mommy…. I’ll eat a pizza if you make it” which of course she didn’t….
and....

that at 5:15 a.m. when she woke me up and cried… “Mommy I’m sssssooooooo hungry”..... despite my strong desire TO... NOT... GET... UP... AND... DO... IT... (cause I was busted tired from being up with Little Buddy) that I did in fact get up and make her food... and took it to her to eat in bed…. which of course she wouldn't. 
I know she’ll talk smack on me one day… complain that I’m an ogre ogar… a terrible awful human being not worthy of being related to her…. Ya’ll just remind her… okay? Which of course I’m sure you won’t... and even if you do... it won't make a difference.... cause we all know how teenagers are. lol.
Saul meanwhile has continued to “avoid the plague.” With every little “high BG blip” the knot (that constantly stays tied in my stomach) tightens just a little more. I pray he doesn’t get it… pray that if he does, he doesn’t get it as bad as Harper because I’m telling ya'll… this one will definetly put him in the hospital.
In other Saul-related news… he is going on day 3 of CGM "staying put" in the tummy. YEAH!!! (everyone feel free to let out a Halleluiah shout). He has,  on the other hand,  started messing with his pump. Nearly every time I lay him down for a nap I’ll hear him yell from his crib “MOM…. MOM… PUMP!” I go in and find him holding his pump (which he’s unclipped off his pants) and cccccrrrraaaacccckkkkiiinnng up. I’ll say “Saul… are you messing with your pump?” and he murmurs with that dag on bop bop in in his mouth, shaking his head...  “uhhh huuh” I say “Saul are you supposed to mess with your pump ? and he ALWAYS…. Looks at me and cracks up laughing shaking his head “nuhh uhh.” I clip it back on and he goes to sleep.  It’s a terrible comic routine that I’m sure I’m not handling correctly… but really… no one has given me any suggestions or advice in this area… so I’m kinda making it up as I go. I don’t want him to “NEVER” touch his pump because eventually he will have to learn how to operate it…. I’m just worried as rotten as he is… and as desperate to crack up as he is… what he could/would do to that pump to get a chuckle.
So. No Cincinnati. No over-night stay with Maw-maw. All these canceled plans have made us a little sad, cranky and feeling cooped up. I may have to “step it up” with some ideas of more “super fun CHEAP things we can do around the house” lol… looks like Pinterest is calling my name.
Harper's latest artistic creation. She said she made it for the "Artsy Art Show"(whatever that is... Mountain State Arts & Crafts Fair... perhaps?) Medium: wet chalk
Harper pretending to be Aurora (or as the rest of the world knows her... Sleeping Beauty)
How many games of CandyLand can you play in one day?? umm... I'd say about 15.
My artist & her assistant "wetting" the chalk for her.
Prince Charming & Sleeping Beauty... in the version where Sleeping Beauty has the plague and Prince Charming un-knowingly kisses her.... In the words of Little Buddy "uh-oh"
This was before the meltdown. Right before Saul threw a cup of water all over her "artwork"
At least this kept them both busy for a little bit.
She may be sick... but she party's on like a rock star.

No comments:

Post a Comment