Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Shew Wee... is it Friday yet?


What. A. Week. AND IT'S ONLY WEDNESDAY (it is Wednesday... right?)

Sunday: We recovered from the absolute madness of Saturday and Evans Orchard. We all took naps (well Mawmaw who never naps) didn't take one... but I'm pretty sure the rest of us did. I did. And really... that was all that mattered. Sunday night we took the kids to Gattitown for Diabetes Education Night which was sponsored through the company Animas. We were one of two families there. We got some sweet free diabetes swag. Harper scored 15 dinosaurs, and two stuffed animals. This girl is either super lucky or really, really, good at playing "carnival" games. Jeff swears the latter is true. Either way... she had a total blast... and... well... Saul ran around like a crazy TWO YEAR OLD... screaming "No" at everyone and everything. Pictures can be viewed here.

Monday: I did an observation of Harper's Montessori classroom in the morning. It was incredible. I was amazed.. It made me miss my kiddos at school. I am blown away by the progress Harper has made in just a short two months. She is already reading simple words, spelling and mastering so many skills. Her ability to focus and concentrate on work is fascinating to watch in the Montessori setting. I hugged Ms. Watt (her teacher) and told her I was grateful- I would have kissed her but I thought that might have crossed the line. From one teacher to another I will forever be appreciative that Harper's first introduction to "school" was in a caring, rigorous learning environment, with a teacher who encourages her to be an independent, well-rounded, life-long learner. *Can I also give a heart-felt-shout-out-virtual-hug and kiss to Grandma & Pap... without them... Harper would not be having this experience.

Tuesday: Saul had his 2 year checkup. Prepared for the inevitable meltdowns... a possible "hulk out" high or a "lethargic low" I packed as much "crap" as I could fit in my book bag purse…it entertained him about half the time we were there... the other half of the Dr's apt was spent with me repeating "no" and chasing him around as he attempted to pull off the tegaderm on his leg site. Stats: 30 some inches tall? 27 some lbs? (I think?) not really sure about percentiles and all that jazz... just know we got a clean bill of health and are growing and gaining weight beautifully... normally... like any kid... like a kid who wasn't diagnosed with diabetes at age 15 months. I have quickly learned that growing and gaining weight is critical for young children with an early T1 diagnosis. So far... 9 months in to diagnosis... we're doing great.

The girls had and eventful Tuesday afternoon- filled with a trip to the library for new books AND meeting a not-so-friendly, overly-feisty, fast and furious "turtle" that came to visit the Grimes-Sebulsky house for a few hours. Folks... it's the little things in life. lol. Seriously.

Now that I've bombarded you with 500 links... I'll leave you with a few pictures.
 
We've had some random breakfast guests lately

Solly & I enjoying a ride.
Little Solly looking not so "little"
Scored "D" swag

 
Girls making Saul bday cupcakes
The boys enjoying aforementioned cupcakes 

Harper's 2-hour pet "Leslie"
 
EH & MD posing with "Leslie"
 
A quilt in progress by one of Harper's classmates. 5 year olds in EH's class are sewing individual 9 piece quilts. I love it!
 
One of the books we checked out at the library yesterday. Preparing our kiddos for our future DAD!!!


 
Oh... yeah... have you heard!?!?! Solly is on his way to getting a diabetic alert dog? Keep up to date here and here. Thank you to everyone who has donated and spread the word! Keep the donations rolling. Lil buddy says "Tank Tu!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment