Friday, September 28, 2012

September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

It’s 1:25 a.m. 4 hours before I have to get up and go to the hospital for a C-section. I’m absolutely terrified. I am a nervous wreck. I’m afraid I’m going to throw up or pass out on the operating table. I got sick last Thursday. I’ve been on a Z-pac since then. I got bronchitis and have had a terrible cold/headache/flu.

Dr. Onan is doing the surgery. I’m scared. She’s using steri-strips instead of glue- like Dr. Fuson used.

Fears-

I have so many fears. What if something bad happens- blood clot, pneumonia, unable to move, trouble breastfeeding.

Fears-

What if the baby is sick, deformed, what if something is wrong with him? What if something happens to him? What if he stops breathing?

Fears-

Post-partum depression, anxiety, what if we don’t bond?

Fears-

What if something happens to Harper on the way to the hospital?

 

I keep telling myself… you’ve waited for this, waited for him. You’re doing this for Harper. She needs a brother a baby brother. Harper needs a sibling.

Brooke is doing this 3 times. O’nan did this 3 times. You can do this. You did it once before.

This is something good. Something wonderful. You're having a baby.

Enjoy this moment- enjoy him. This will be the last time you’re pregnant. This is your last birth. This is the last baby you will breastfeed.

You have so many people praying for you. Praying for this baby. Saul. Prayed for. He’s not here and he’s already getting prayers.

I wish I could quit work to raise kids.

I wish I could take more time off to be with this baby.

Go to sleep. Don’t be afraid. It will be okay. You will be okay. He will be okay.

*I copied this exactly as I wrote it 2 years ago in a journal the night before my scheduled C-section. All the fears and anxieties were worth it. What an amazing 2 year's it's been. Happy Birthday little buddy. Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment