Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Don't worry... you got this girl.

I have written and re-written and written and re-written this post at least 8 times.

I type. I Read. I Delete. The thing is... when I see the words on the screen they look so permanent... so damaging… and so not how I want the story to end.



Some people call it serendipity, some folks call it coincidence… maybe it was just chance…
But during one of the 8 times I was in writing-rewriting mode, I stumbled across this read on another blog.

In some ways- reading this article only complicated my thoughts. It’s part of the reason why I’ve resisted writing about her, and the recent changes in behavior and attitude… dare I use the word “regression.”
It's just that... she’s always been “so good” “so bright” and “so easy” (I suppose I often take all that for granted).
On the flip side however, she's also always been “independent” “stubborn” and “strong-minded.” It's not like I didn’t see these difficult days ahead.

But really... if 4 is like this… then how will we I ever survive 14?

Parenting a diabetic toddler is challenging… but at least there are guidelines, management tools and support groups.  I got nothing when it comes to Harper.

At my wits end today… I escaped to the bathroom for a few glorious seconds of uninterrupted quiet. I thought to myself… how in the world did I end up with this complex, zealous, CRAZY- awesome but exhausting kid?
Then I looked in the mirror.
(The “awesome” comes from Dad… for everything else I’ll accept responsibility).


No comments:

Post a Comment