Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bizarre. Intuition? Thank you ole Bop.

So I just woke up from a good deep sleep.... I'm lying in bed and suddenly get this gut-wrenching feeling that Saul's ridiculously extra-long 23 inch tubing is tangled and kinked. As I am getting out of bed to check... he starts crying.

I heard his pump before I saw it (never a good sign... especially when CGM is not involved).

By the time I reached the crib Saul was cursing his bop bop. A sight I won't too soon forget... frantically scouring the sheets with one hand while banging his pillow in frustration with the other.

I loathe that pacifier. I don't hide my hate for Bop bop. I secretly plot the end of his existence on a daily basis... and still.... we continue to be locked together in a tarnished love hate relationship.

But...

I can't help but think....

Maybe. Just maybe... our mutual love for sweet little buddy allowed him to take the plunge... propelled him on this dangerous journey... enabled him to leave the comfort and security of home... helped him to navigate through the giant sea of sheets and blankets and then finally gave him the courage to dive from the edge of the crib cliff... a for sure end... to forever be lost behind the dangling bed skirt.... never to be found... trapped behind the floor length curtains....




I'm back in bed. Low reservoir... 0.00 units of insulin left. Site changed. Saul changed. The screams and cries are over.... I should close my eyes... sleep a little before the dreaded 3:00 a.m BG check....

I just can't get that ole bop bop outta my head...


Thank you over-rated, cheap plastic pacifying device once again for coming to my rescue at a time of need... I suppose I'll continue our relationship a bit longer...

But.....

You're outta here come Oct 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment