Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Re-D-fine

If ten years ago you would have told me, that one day I’d be sitting here…  as a stay at home mom… sporting a mini-van…  and finding absolute joy in activities like steam mopping, buying new laundry detergent,  and caulking my sink – I would have slapped you in the face, called you a liar and burst into laughter.  
Never say never… right? If. I. only. had. a. dollar. every. single. time.  my mother has used that phrase.
It’s not that I am going to miss my specific job and title so much… as it is the idea of actually working. The getting up, getting ready, getting dressed…  that kinda stuff. Not that I won’t actually be working… never, ever, ever (even with glorious summer days “off” spent with my kids) EVER…. did I anticipate staying at home being SO.MUCH.WORK.  Most days it feels like it’s twice as much as when I was working outside the home. And I know… that just brought a chuckle, a snide whispered under the breath comment, possibly even a mouthed foul word or two from all my friends who continue to fight on two fronts… continue to balance that heavy load of “your job” vs. “your family.”
It’s going to be different… it’s already different…. but a good kinda different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment