Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Retraction.

Retraction… or the post in which I declare my insanity, inability to write a coherent grammatically correct sentence…. and admit my incompetence in 70s disco music.
I woke up Saturday morning and while enjoying my cup of coffee over an all time favorite episode of Dinosaur Train, Sebulsky looks at me and says “Gloria Gainer.” I’m all “Huh?” “What?” and “Who’s that?” when I suddenly realized… “Crap! Wrong reference! Wrong reference!!!” I would have retracted, made an apology… admitted my stupidity…. but the day kinda, sorta ended up being crazy and at the moment I can’t even remember why…  but I know it included some ridiculously high BG readings, an emergency phone call to the UK’s Ped’s Endo on call, and treating a number of lows.
So… this post will serve as my official apology. Hey- I never claimed to be a professional... lol.  I just used LOL this clearly indicates my amateur status.
So on the “D” front… we’ve been riding the roller coaster of highs and lows. There has been progress (I managed to change out an insertion set yesterday (the ole blood in the tubing again) all by myself… even “kicked it up a notch” just for the heck of it and gave his stomach a try. There have also been digressions.  Sunday I stupidly forgot to bolus a snack before dinner which helped contribute to already existing high levels… and lead to a large ketone reading and mini DKA scare.
Despite a few setbacks and what seems to be an enormous mountain of learning…  I gotta admit… to everyone who say’s “it get’s easier”…… you’re right. “It gets easier.” With patience and practice anything is possible…. I suppose.
While Sebulsky and I continue to master our pump skills…. we’ve added to the fun by bringing Mom on board to train her.  
EH has taken up a random interest in yoga.
Mabel (some of you may remember her most recent escape which led to a rescue at the local animal shelter) and Daisy (god love her) are enjoying freedom in our newly fenced yard.
And Broni…. The only sane one in this house is constantly looking for an escape from the madness.

I promise pics will come soon… well… maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment